Monday, September 17, 2012

14 Weeks: Growing Belly But Still No "Bump"

Last week at work I had a "moment" very similar to that of Katie's Wedding. I had a wave of being dizzy and light headed and rather than let it go to the same level as it did before I decided to take a seat. It was at that moment I realized - damn these pants are tight!

So what is a girl to do when you realize your pants are squeezing your will to live? The classy thing of course, I unzipped my pants, found a saftey pin and pulled my shirt down so my lil wardrobe malfunction remained my lil secret - until now that is. It's all starting to make sense after reading my pregnancy app that Baby Fish is now the size of a lemon - however my belly resembles more of a night out at Tasty N Sons (if you haven't eaten there do it - it's totally worth feeling 14 weeks pregnant afterwards:-) rather than the perfect, cute, lil bumps you see on the celebrities plastered across the front of all the tabloid magazines. Apparently they call this phase of pregnancy "thickening" - isn't that just a great word that makes you feel beautiful everyday? I'm pretty sure a man came up with that one.

After doing some searching this weekend I've found Portland isn't really a mecca for maternity wear but lucky for me fashion right now is very conducive to a growing belly.  After finding a few great sweaters and a shiny new pair of shoes at Ann Taylor life is more comfortable again. I did break down and drag Brett to A Pea In The Pod in the search of some maternity work pants - but after an hour of trying on every pair in the store I've decided to stick with skirts for a while. Sadly when you get pregnant someone, somewhere must have mandated that well-fitting, stylish pants are off the list, perhaps there is a business opportunity here - if only I knew how to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment