Friday, October 5, 2012

Thirty, Pregnant, and Barefoot in the Bar

October 4th marked the big day - leaving the roaring 20s behind for the dirty 30. Brett and I were both blown away by the support of our friends and family who showed up at Box Social last night for a celebratory drink (faux-drink for me). And while I wasn't technically barefoot in the bar I was tempted on many occasions to ditch my heels as the night progressed - yes I'm still holding on to the dream that pregnant women can rock heels with the best of em. We can't thank everyone enough for last night, it sure made the birthday a pretty special day and we have a lot of love to give to everyone who showed up. Needless to say I'm pretty sure the next 30 years will be very different than the first 30 - so bring it on baby!

A gathering of friends at the Box Social for cocktails to celebrate the “Dirty Thirty.”
Left: Adriane, Myself and Kyleigh trying some new lips on for size.  Right: Sheila, Myself and Phoebe - the original PWG volunteer crew at Dress for Success!

Left: Jackie and Adriane showing off their dirty stashes for the Dirty Thirty.  Center: My second attempt at blowing out my birthday candles - I got anxious and jumped the gun the first go around.  Right: Shannon (Box Social owner) and Brian showing off their specs.
Brett did a lovely toast to the evening - don’t worry - mine’s just Pellegrino and pomegranate juice with a twist of lime - I can faux-tini it with the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment