Monday, April 22, 2013

Introducing Brady Alexander Fisher!

Sorry we went dark on you all for a few weeks. I once saw a Facebook quote that said "sorry for being a shitty friend, but I'm busy being an awesome mom." At the time I thought it was cute and I got a chuckle out of it, but now going through it myself I completely understand the honesty of those words.

So here we go, three weeks in the making:
Name: Brady Alexander Fisher
Born April 1, 2013 at 7:29pm
7lbs 14oz
21 inches long

Despite Operation Exodus, where we attempted to bring on labor through long walks, stair climbs and spicy food, we still ended up having to be induced that day. Brady was quite comfy in there. We checked in around 10:30am to the hospital and after a few pushing attempts we ended up having to have a c-section later that evening, (more on our birth story later). Most importantly mom and Brady are healthy and Brady is ready to take on the world while mom is working through the recovery process.

Now, as most of you know we were keeping mum on the name until he came. Partly because we didn't know it yet, and partly because we really wanted it to be our decision without the influence of the outside world. So, we went into the day with three names in mind, and as soon as we met out little guy we both agreed, he was Brady, through and through! Where did we get the name? In our road trip to Suttle Lake for our babymoon we were determined to come up with names. With a baby name app in hand we started the search! We came across the name Brady and instantly liked it, then it became more special when I realized it was my mothers parents' last name as well. Alexander came about because it is Brett's middle name as well so we've got a little of both families in the mix:-)

More updates and photos to come shortly!



No comments:

Post a Comment