Well here we are, 14 days past Baby Fisher's due date...never saw this one coming! I mean really, two weeks past due, man this little guy is stubborn. Although I have to admit the irony of going through the last month just wishing I could have a clue or a date as to when our little man would arrive...and the whole time we knew it, April 1st. That is the latest the doctors will let us go, we are under strict orders that if baby doesn't arrive on his own that at 7am we are to check into the hospital for his eviction notice (aka induction). Remind me to provide more clear instructions for my future wishes.
The week before the expected due date and the week after Brett and I were riding an adrenaline rush thinking, "any day, any minute we could drop everything and go to the hospital!" I left the house and my work everyday in as perfect condition as I could thinking it would be my last day before heading to the hospital. The house was clean, the carseat was in place, the hospital bags packed in the back of the car, the phone trees were in play and even Huck had his care plan in place. And then you wait, and wait, and wait. Then as you head into the second week and still no baby you start to lose your edge. Then halfway though your last week of "being allowed to be pregnant" you simply resign to the fact that you'll probably just have to be induced on the planned date, with a small glimmer of hope that it may all still happen on its own. However, as I sit here writing this with a full Easter dinner belly it has become pretty clear tomorrow will be the big day. At 7am we will sleepily drive ourselves to the hospital, park the car, walk up to registration and check in for our induction. Brett will have to save the theatrics of the car race to the emergency room wild eyed with a lead foot for another pregnancy..I know, I take all the fun out of things.
So tomorrow, Monday, April 1st we will welcome our little man into the world, and that is no April fools joke! Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment